Help! Baby-sitting 4 kids of wide-range age, need ideas!

I'll be baby-sitting my niece and nephew (age 10 and 5), in addition to my own (3 and 7 months old) for a Saturday in the near future. At the time it seemed like a good idea to help out a family member, now I am slightly panicking. I am also a nursing mom. So, there will be short periods of time I will be "unavailable" to chase anyone down... Anyone has any great ideas of what I can do with these kids?

Olivia4116

Asked by Olivia4116 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would think the 10 and 5 year old can entertain your 3 yr old while you are nursing. Or put on a cartoon or show the middle 2 can watch. The 10 yr old is old enough I would think, that they can sit and do something for that short of a time. I think it will be easier than you are anticipating.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i say have a movie day...get sleeping bags out, tell them to bring some comfy pjs, and get some munchies...pop some movies in & youll be fine(:
    MasonsMommyy

Answer by MasonsMommyy at 10:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Can you recommend a few movies?
    Olivia4116

Comment by Olivia4116 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Rent the new toy story. =) The colors will catch the younger ones attention while the story will catch the older ones.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010