Homemade remedies for dry, frizzy hair??

What are some thing I could try at home to improve the look and health of my hair? It is SO out of control these days! None of the expensive salon crap.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• my mom always uses mayo - even when i was little I remember seeing her with it in her hair --- and she has great hair ( when I was little she looked like a poodle in humidity) ... but now it is always soft and shiny and she says it is because of the mayo
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I do mayo once a month. coat the hair while dry and then place aluminum foil around it then blow dry until your hair is warm to hot. Let it cool on it's own and then wash.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Olive Oil. Here is a post I did about it: Olive Oil on Hair

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• welll this may sound gross but i heard mayo...i personally wouldnt do it but its just an idea. I use tressemme i payed 8$ at walmart for the two big bottles of shampoo and condition and it works great!
    MasonsMommyy

Answer by MasonsMommyy at 9:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Alright thats 3 in a row with the mayo LOL May have to give that a try.. at this point i'll try anything! Keep them coming ;)
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My mother either used Mayo or she would make a mixture of eggs and beer and we always had beautiful shiney hair...rain water is also good
    LadyPantherr

Answer by LadyPantherr at 2:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm not sure about homemade but Biosilk works wonders and won't break the bank.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Olive oil
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Don't know about homemade remedies but Living Proof's Anti Frizz products work great! And if you want something a bit more permanent go for a Brazilian Keratin Treatment!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2010