need answers i think i lost my plug?? (TMI) adult content

ok so kinda gross but i just had a bm and peed but when i wiped my v on the tp there was something that looked like a luggie! didnt notice any blood. but most the day ive had a very light discharge that is red tented, almost an orange or rust color. coluld this be my plug?
i also felt a tense tightining at the top of my belly. contractions?

should i go to l&d

alyssa1989

Asked by alyssa1989 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just call them

Answer by admckenzie at 10:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No! Don't go to labor and delivery. You could have a couple of weeks to go! The plug can be lost weeks or minutes early.

You can have the tightening/light contractions for weeks. I know that isn't very encouraging, but I would have contractions for about 2 weeks before they ended up getting TONS stronger and harder.

Hang in there. You ARE in the final stretch, but may have a wait still!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Call, but I lost mine a good month before delivery
    Therese_Pardini

Answer by Therese_Pardini at 10:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• maybe call your doc and let them know, sounds like it was your plug, if it's around your delivery date (your not super early) then i wouldn't go to the hospital yet, they'll just send you home. Wait until you are feeling really strong contractions (you'll know...it'll hurt like hell) that are closer together, it could be a few days before that happens. GL!
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• relax! does sound like it was your plug but your body can reproduce a new plug so you can actually lose your plug more than once...you will KNOW when to go to l&d....trust me! ppl told me that and it used to drive me nuts but it is very true : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010