Would you let your 16 almost 17 year old cousin take your 10 month old baby to the mall or park?

I personally have no problem with my cousin taking my daughter to the mall or park. Her dad will be driving so its not an issue to me if they went to the mall. And the park is a street away from her house. It gives me alone time (not costing any baby sitting money haha) and gives me time to put some makeup on, SHAVE MY LEGS!, and just feel like a girl again! haha on the other hand though my boyfriend doesnt think its a good idea simply because shes 16. I do trust her with the baby and know she is mature enough to handle the baby for a few hours and i wouldnt let anyone watch her if i didnt feel they were capable of it. Hes never home to watch the baby so i literally take care of Lily 24/7. Do you think its an issue if i let my cousin take the baby for a few hours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's just fine...our babysitter is a 14 year old girl from our church!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I say let her do it. My Sister in law and almost 17, she took my daughter off my hands here and there since she was 9 months old, my daughter is now two. She loves her aunt and her aunt loves her, i honestly would rather have her watch my kid for a day than my hubby sometimes because he doesnt have the patience.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• teen girlYou said you feel comfortable with her and she's mature so I say go for it.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i have a 18yo (male) nephew that i wouldnt trust with my 4yo at the mall..
    But then again, i have a 17yo neice that grew up with baby/kids around her.. and i would trust her with a baby.. so i guess it depends on the person
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it's fine. You said she is a mature 16 year old, she can handle a baby for a few hours. Have fun with your free time :)
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 10:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If you feel that she is a mature 16 year old, sure. I think the park is a better idea. Teenagers and the mall can be a bad combination. The park is only a block or so away, she would be close.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Depends on how responsible they are. I know some that age I would trust and some I would not. As long as you feel comfortable, go for it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I say if you feel comfortable with it and feel that she is mature enough to handle it,go for it,Then you can have some ME time.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 10:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• When I was 16 I had a little baby nephew that i would take every chance i was given because I love babies for one and he was my 1st nephew. There is nothing wrong with it. I would worry more if there was zero interest....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i dont see any problem there. a 16 year old is a big kid on the verge of adulthood. unless this 16 yr old has displayed some very irresponsible behavior like drugs/gangs it is ok.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010