• In the Spotlight:

How much did you pay for your blender?

Do the more expensive ones really make a difference compared to the $20 blenders?

Momforhealth

Asked by Momforhealth at 10:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• There are a couple of other question that you want to ask yourself. 1) What am I going to use it for? Drinks/Smoothies/veggies/fruit? Also, if you want to crush ice you don't want just any blender. Coz the cheep ones will damage the motor, rotter, and blades. You'll want a heavy duty one. Another route is getting a food processor that does everything. My husband uses one to puree mixed veggies to put in his cakes! Trust me, it sounds weird but he learned it from Jerry Seinfeld's wife, who was trying to get her children to eat veggies. He thaws & puree them in the cake mix instead of apple sauce. Try it. You will amaze your family/friends. They won't be able to tell, but you'll have the most moist and wonderful cake! Oh, sometimes to get something good, you have to invest some money. Take a survey on CafeMom. Ask what brand they use. Hope this helps!

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 8:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It does make a difference. I've had numerous blenders that were under $50. Pieces of junk that last just a year or two. !0 years ago my husband bought me a $249 Kitchen Aid blender. Nothing even comes close. It will take ice cubes and make shaved ice and never dull the blade. The container is glass, vent in the lid so you can puree hot soups or sauces. I love it and would recommend it. My sister bought one for a little over $100 that was 'refurbished" and it works like a charm too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it was $40 or $50. I have a Ninja that goes from blender to food chopper, and I love it. I chop up carrots and celery in about 3 seconds with the little container, and it works just as well for the blender function, too.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i have a 15 dollar one and my mom has a 120 dollar one, i dont see the difference
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think 40 Its nothing fancy but it does its job.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 10:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• 20 bucks 4 years ago...I have no problem with it...not like I'm crushing up boulders in there!
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• $20 or so. I rarely use it. If I'd spent any more than I did I'd be mad at myself.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• About $30 or $40 and it has an ice crusher speed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have a cuisinart. I use it for smoothies. I had a cheap Target one that would not blend the frozen fruit right and then I bought a Food Network one that was plain awesome, but the pitcher broke and it was cheaper to get a new blender. I like my blender. I had a 30% off Kohl's coupon so that's why I got it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i have a frozen drink/smoothie blender that cost $20 and works amazingly well for smoothies, not so great for frozen drinks. i also have a $35 oster brand blender that is a glass pitcher that works well for frozen drinks and other things but not so great for smoothies. i will never buy a more expensive blender. if either of these go kaput i will replace them equally.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 1:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2010