Needing ideas to entice a toddler to sleep in her own toddler bed....she thinks my bed is her bed! Help please, and Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter has been in her toddler bed for 3 months now and i still have to read to her until she falls asleep.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If you get any good advice, let me know. LOL.
    Bubbles318

Answer by Bubbles318 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• In this stage, The trick is to get them tired.. so they don't care where they go to sleep lol. PLAY PLAY PLAY, then play some more lol, have a good supper with no sugary drink, milk or water, then a warm bath with lavender scents (Or something soothing) and let them play in the bath (It's almost like swimming, makes you tired) Then a story or maybe a song or two.. (With my 18 mo old I show him flashcards of colors and shapes) then lights out, except maybe a little night light, AND (Maybe the most important part!) Kids don't really all like being alone.. especially after dark.. so you have to make them feel like theri not alone, maybe get a glow worm. (My son has a little larry the cucumber from veggie tales that sings a goodnight song) You would be surprised how many times a night that thing goes off, if not for that he would probably want me or daddy.. but it makes him feel like he's not alone =) Good luck!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Good luck, my 23 mo old is with me too!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2011