Did you have a tough teacher in high school or college?

Did you pass their class with flying colors because of how tough they were?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 10:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in

• I had MANY tough teachers and they ended up being the ones that I respected the most and learned the most from. My Geometry teacher from high school was TOUGH!! I could not catch on the Geomerty no matter how he explained it. I flunked EVERY test and quiz, yet he gave me a C because I tried so hard and was always there. Sometimes, the toughest teachers teach you the most because they force you to try and make no excuses for what you can't do.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had a number of tough teachers in both high school and college, but my work ethic was such that I wanted to get the best grade possible regardless of how tough (or not).
    1hausfrau

Answer by 1hausfrau at 10:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i had a tough teacher in college, i passed the class but not because she was tough but because i refused to fail any of my college classes
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had as ass of a teacher in high school, if that's what ya mean by tough and he still gave me Cs cuz he just didn't like me. Teachers don't like ya calling them out when they are acting childish! :)

I had a prof in college who was tough but I passed his class with an A cuz I worked hard and earned that grade!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had a great James Joyce Professor and he was tough. No, I didn't pass with flying colors because of it!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes. No I did not fail. I refuse to fail a course.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• no, but inept.
    of the three semesters I've been in only one was really great: organized, tough but fair, etc.
    one I have right now is not the most organized, but she's ok, I do like her, but she covers a load of material VERY quickly, everyone in the class says so.

one of the teachers I had for an online class was AWFUL. his syllabus was a hot mess, repeating blocks of text several paragraphs long, and it was very unclear what he expected. he assigned chapter questions, then was snotty to me when I turned them in to him, replying that "treats his students like adults". oh, really? not the way you're addressing me you don't.
    and when I asked a question that was NOT covered in the syllabus, he referred me back to it. I'd already read the atrocity over several times, thanks, and the answer was NOT there.

the guy teaching my current online class takes forever to respond, and prefers students ask each other on the class mess
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yeah I loved the hard teacher in History. He let every one know what was expected so I loved him. He also made History interesting.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Oh yeah I did get a really good grade in his class.
    mmmegan38