Could you be friends with a coworker if...

he/she didn't have the same work ethic as you? For instance, you get your work done and he/she avoid work (or just about)?

Chocolatespring

Asked by Chocolatespring at 10:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• no i couldbt be friends with someone like that cuz they can cause u distraction but if they are not that type of person who persuaes u to do stuff to cause u ur job then ill be ok with it maybe u can help them get their work done give them some motivation..but ive had friends like that which isnt bad but it do bother me in some ways but since ive changed during the years i rather be friend someone who is head strong and dnt try to avoid their jobs getting paid for doing nothing while u work ur butt off.. but if he/she got good intentions go for it
    ProudMami1990

Answer by ProudMami1990 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Probably not, if we are that different in our work ethics, not sure what we could have in common for a strong friendship.
    1hausfrau

Answer by 1hausfrau at 10:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No thank you! I would resent them, so it would be real hard to befriend them.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it would be hard, and if he/she doesn't really want to work and tries to distract you, they could also affect you and your job. Aren't you afraid that it might be a factor if you happen to lose your job?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It's hard. I have been able to leave work stuff with work and be friends at other times.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 8:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2010