I'm 16

almost 17 and my fiance' is 20 we have been together for 2 years. We are engaged, my mom is ok with it. We want to get married but until I am18 we can't without my parent's permission and while they like him, they don't want us to get married yet. My mom says she just doesn't want to have to sign for me to get married but she said if I could find a way around her having to sign for me she would be ok with it. I should mention that I am graduating high school this May. Anyway, I told him that I want to get pregnant so that we can get married (in my state , if a girl is 16 or older and pregnant, she can get married without needing her parents). There is no possible way I could already be pregnant, we have never had sex, in fact neither us have ever had sex. He has a great job and a nice place, so supporting the baby isn't really the problem. He is worried that since I am so young and small ( I am 4, 11" and 94 lbs) that me getting pregnant right now might not be safe for me. As far as my height goes, I am pretty much fully grown (though I know as I get older I'll prob gain weight). I don't know how to calm his fears about my age. Is there anyone who knows about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is risky for you and the baby at your age. I am a mom of two premature babies. It was the worst thing I ever had to go through. There is a lot to handle with a new born. You should planning your prom and wedding, not buying diapers, formula and being spit up at 3 in the morning! You have the rest of your life to spend with this man. Be patient! The best things are worth waiting for! A husband and baby are the best things in the world!!! Enjoy being young and carefree!!
    NDNichol

Answer by NDNichol at 10:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think that getting pregnant just so you can get married is a bad choice.

You should want to have a baby to have a baby, NOT to get married.

I think that your mom is right. She is probably thinking that you need to grow up a little before you get married and it sounds like you need to.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i think you should wait until you can marry him without your parents sigining anything....getting pregnant just so you can marry him is silly
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We planned on trying once we got married anyway, so we are not just having a baby so we can get married, we are just having to do it out of order.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• That's just stupid. It's a really bad idea. If you only have little more than a year to go before you get married, why the hurry? Take your time. You have nothing to lose by waiting. I can tell you firsthand that getting married in a rush at such a young age is a bad idea. You may not think so now, but in 5 or 10 years you may wish you had done things differently. If you really love each other, the additional time will only make your relationship stronger. Plus if you've never had sex, then your wedding night will be just that much more special.

You are awfully small to be having a baby so young. I had a friend who was 5' and 86lbs before pregnancy who had a 10lb13oz baby. She had a very rough labor and the baby had to be vacuumed out. She was also a few years older than you.

Consider your options, think about not just your future but also what the future might hold in store for a child.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Having a baby is not easy. I would wait until you are older, get married, spend a couple of years being a married couple and then have a baby. There is no rush here....take your time and wait.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2010