What is the best hand-me-down that you've had?

My daughter received a baby doll (with pen marks from her previous owner) when she was about a year or so old. She's now 4 years old and still plays with it, calling it her baby. It's sweet.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 10:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some childhood dolls of mine, some photos of my mil nursing DH (he was only nursed for a bit, so I never expected to see a pic of something so special) and an old antique treasury of story books.
    Sarahsdawn

Answer by Sarahsdawn at 10:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The ring my mom left me when she died. It is a gorgeous emerald ring. She left each of us daughters a ring, and gave me lots of my grandmother's things before she died.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 11:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My mother's jewelry box still filled with things that I cannot take out. It has her charm bracelet from when she was in high school and early adulthood. It has her wedding ring, old paycheck stubs, our pacifiers, etc. I was also given her bible that she had growing up. She died 22 years ago at the age of 37.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2010