I'm 16

almost 17 and my boyfriend is 20 we have been together for 2 years. We want to get married but until I am18 we can't without my parent's permission and while they like him, they don't want us to get married yet. My mom says she just doesn't want to have to sign for me to get married but she said if I could find a way around her having to sign for me she would be ok with it. I should mention that I am graduating high school this May. Anyway, I told him that I want to get pregnant so that we can get married (in my state , if a girl is 16 or older and pregnant, she can get married without needing her parents). There is no possible way I could already be pregnant, we have never had sex, in fact neither us have had sex. He has a great job and a nice place, so supporting the baby isn't really the problem. He is worried that since I am so young and small ( I am 4, 11" and 94 lbs) that me getting pregnant right now might not be safe for me. As far as my height goes, I am pretty much fully grown (though I know as I get older I'll prob gain weight). I don't know how to calm his fears about my age. Is there anyone who knows about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• You should be fine having a baby, it's not like you'll get any bigger, maybe an inch or so. No one can say what you should do, I would just suggest that if you do decide to proceed with your plan that you wait a few months to make sure that it's for sure what you want to do, KWIM?
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Same thing as in the other question.

Having a baby just so you can get married is a bad idea.

Grow up a little and then get married when you can do it without getting around the laws.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If you two are so in love then what's the rush? You'll still be in love when you're 18 if you're going to be together forever
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree having a baby so you can get married is not the best way to do things. First babies are hard and change the dynamic of a relationship. You need to live a little and have some fun. I'm not saying you shouldn't stay with you boyfriend, just that you both need to do things you enjoy. Yes there are some people who make it work at your age, although it doesn't always work. You don't want to ever look back and regret anything you do or might do. I know it seems hard to understand now, just think in 20 years when you are 37 and he is 40. Wil you wish you had lived a little before having that family. I know I started at 22 and sometimes when I look back I think wow, I was pregnant for my entire 20's, which is one of the best time. I would not change it and I have 3 great kids and a wonderful husband. Although it was very hard at times and nothing is ever perfect.

Good Luck and you have to do what you feel is best!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Being married is not all it's cracked up to be...just take a step back and relax! There is no need to rush things. Enjoy each other for right now cuz things are soooooo different when you have a child, no matter how bad you think you want one right now. I was 27 when I had my dd and still was not ready. Let life happen as it will!

But to answer your question, you will be fine carrying a child....
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It's good to have goals but let's get through high school first. How about college? How about being what you want to be in life before you want to be an extension of someone else and those goals stifled with a child? Listen to him. He is right. It's not the time for a child. It's time for you to be a young lady and see all that life offers you. He's not going anywhere.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• They give AA degrees with a high school diploma now?
    Anonymous

• What a stupid reason to get pregnant. Why cant you wait until you're 18? Finish your education first, then have children, otherwise you might end up like so many people....stuck on public assistance, no education, and no way to get one.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If I am a "kid" then I am a "kid" who is about to get her hs diploma 1 year early and who is about a semester away from getting my AA. I just want to know if there is any basis in my fiance's concern.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• What is the darn hurry? Sex? Marriage? You are so young, I can't even wrap my brain around wanting marriage and kids. I was jacked to get into college and have a blast meeting all kinds of people.

Can't you just date? Have sex if you must and NOT get pregnant. Pregnancy at your age will ruin your life. There, I said it.
    Anonymous