daughter wants to name her sister...

So i am almost due with baby girl #2 .. I have a brillant 4 year old daughter and she is so excited... she constantly talks about her baby sister.... She even came up with a name - Islynn ( sounds how it is spelled) --- I do not know how she came up with it or where she heard it from, but she has been stuck on that name for the last 3 months.... and I have tried to explain to her that she can call the baby that but we need to have another name for her too... and she gets so upset that she cries ( which she usually does not react like that either)...

I actually do not have a name picked out for our new baby yet but Islynn isnt a name i want, I dont think it sounds right lol...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think I like it! But if you don't you need to explain to her the baby picked out another one ;)
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 10:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Nickname, like you suggested or middle name. Or find something close and compromise if you plan on letting your daughter name your child.
    Anonymous

• Maybe it can be a middle name :-)
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 10:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I actually kind of like it. What about Aslynn?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It's definitely interesting. I think I kind of like it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have 2 daughters that insisted their brother be called Dylan and since I had no clue what to name my only boy I went with it, lol, but you know what you could do is give the baby that name for a nickname or middle name
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Why don't you use the name as a middle name, or you can ask her to make a list of names that she likes and you can work with it. Ask her how she came up with this name or where she heard it from. I would ask to see why she really likes this name. Then you can go from that.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:56 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My kids wanted to name their baby brother Happy Chapman lol...Islynn is alot better :)
    feloniousbelle

Answer by feloniousbelle at 1:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• IT WOULD BE A BEAUTIFUL MIDDLE NAME
    carrielynn78

Answer by carrielynn78 at 5:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I like it...and for the record, when my DD was due, my son who was 5 at the time insisted we name her French Toast. So you got lucky...and btw she is now 19 and her boyfriend heard this story and calls her French Toast all the time lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2010