Do you think married couples should not have a facebook acct.?

my husband thinks so.

This comes from reading an article about some churches saying being married and on Facebook opens up the past and brings people to meet with former lovers and causes people to cheat on their spouses.

I disagree with my husband because cheating is a matter of morals and standards. sure I have a Facebook and I have a few Ex's on it and I even have HIS exgf...I am not about to cheat and am mature enough to understand that these guys are married as well.

the husband of mine feels the internet leads people of both sexes to cheat, plain and simple and is no good for anyone to be on it.
No he does not go on it but I do and will share with him different things and he shows interest but will not touch a single key.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 10:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• That's like saying if you run into an ex at the grocery store, you might go have sex with them, so you should move to a different town so that can't happen. smh. I know the pastor is just trying to take good are of his congregation, but he's missing the mark.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 11:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think he has a point but if you have any moral compass, you'll be fine. No different than going bar hopping with friends. There's always a chance to cheat. Whether you take it, is up to you.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• That's ridiculous, if you're inclined to cheat, you'll cheat with or without facebook, if you're not, you won't.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• What about work, or the gas station, can you live in the same town you lived in growing up?? Sorry I find it silly to think that anything else other than bad decision making skills leads one to cheat.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 11:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i agree with you. facebook does not cause cheating.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it's fine. My husband has friends that he likes to stay in touch with. I trust him.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Facebook is a social network, not a dating site! If a married man/woman uses facebook for any other reasons than what they should be, then there was obviously something wrong with the marriage to begin with.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes, facebook might make it easier to get in touch with ex-girlfriends and boyfriends, but the only way it's going to lead to cheating is if the person was inclined to cheat anyways. Both me and hubby have an account and we can both access each others if we want to, but neither of us feel the need.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My husband and I both have FB accounts, and I can say...it has not even remotely negatively affected our relationship. We're not going to cheat, with or without Facebook.

The only negative is when he sign into my account and posts something embarrassing or stupid as my status, lol. But...I always get him back! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It is not for me and my hubby we dont need Facebook...everyone is different if a spouse is going to cheat they are going to cheat facebook or not....
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2010