Have you found an old treasure and made it yours?

I haven't but my mom did years ago. She found a dresser in a yard sale back in the 80s and it became my dresser. After I moved out, she stripped the paint and refinished it in a really pretty light green. It's now my daughter's dresser. I wonder if it will be a passing down item.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 11:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I found an odd table at a yard sale and have kept it since then (about 20 years). It has an interesting, natural shape to it - it was made of some exotic wood.

I think it would be nice to have your dresser passed down.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 8:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I love stuff like that! The ultimate recycling. I call it - "finding a new home," for whatever item it might be. I purchased a table scarf as a thrift shop, it had all kinds of holes in it but I loved the pattern. I spent hours mending it and use it as a Christmas table decoration.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i found dinning room table and chair set it cost $35.00 at the time ,sewed new cushions for seats and backing ,
    yes it looks great
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2010