2 month old constipation

What can I do for my baby boys constipation? He's had it for 3 days now.

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 11:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is perfectly normal for a baby not to have a bowel movement everyday. My son went several weeks of only having 1 every five days. He was fine. It is scary, I know.. but the thermeter thing is a good one. It does work. Just put some KY Jelly if you have some because it helps move the bowels and easier to pass IF he is constipated. He is TOO young to give juice. Please just wait to give any meds or juice/water... it can be dangerous for your child :) Hope he has one soon to ease your mind :)
    JulesInCa

Answer by JulesInCa at 4:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• how do you know he is constipated?
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My doctor always told me to give 1 oz of pear juice and 1 oz of water...once a day...but some of my family and friends didn' t agree...but it always worked for me...

LindseysMom08

Answer by LindseysMom08 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My dd suffered from constipation when she was an infant. My dr said to use a rectal thermomater. Insert it for a second or two. Then the baby should go. Sounds weird I know, but it did work for my dd.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• my doctor recommended taking the baby's temperature rectally to see if it gets things going..if not, ask your doctor if there is any type of medicine/enema she can suggest. Sometimes you might have to resort to baby enemas...which are not fun! our doctor gave my daughter a prescription of Miralax, which she takes regularly now...works wonders! Good luck!
    CamrynClaire08

Answer by CamrynClaire08 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Formula or boob juice? I agree w/ PP Jules...it is natural for a baby not to go every day. Is your LO straining to go and not going? That is constipation.

If you were bf'ing you just eat lots of fruits and veggies and LOTS of H20 but if you are formula feeding.....different story.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It may not be true constipation. What are the signs, and how is baby fed?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2008