Congressman Holt writes strong letter to TSA Admin Pistole ...

... this letter includes

1) mentioning the 3 year old girl that got aggressively frisked while screaming "stop touching me." Questions the need to frisk children.

2) mentions the numerous studies showing the adverse health risks of the body scanners. (including that it delivers 20 TIMES the average does of radiation typically quote by TSA)

3) Questions the effectiveness of catching explosives that are inserted in body cavities

4) mentions the fact that the US Marshalls stored scanned body images.

5) mentions Israel's methods

6) mentions the continuing calls from constituents complaining about having to choose between two options that are simply not an option.

7) Asks Pistole some challenging questions

See Here

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• clapping That is what we need to see happening! I hope he is able to talk some sense into Pistole, and I hope that other congressmen follow his lead and also question Pistole.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• *smiles
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• patrioticFight the tyranny

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• But, but but, I thought pointing out all of those things doesn't help anything?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:56 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He seems to be a good guy and I like his letter. DOes anyone think it will help? I hope so but those TSA people seem to think they are the "authorities". What does Intelligence say? Would THEY listen to him or read his letter? It seems the smartest people in government are ignored or bashed by Conservatives. This Holt guy is a Democrat ......a smart guy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Kerp .... Holt is also not the only Congressman questioning the actions of the TSA - Ron Paul is and my Senator has sent an inquiry to his constituents (myself included) about our feelings on the matter. (And trust me, I gave him the same earful, I've been putting up on CM). TSA does think they are the "authorities" but it won't take much to put them in their place IF we can get Congress to back us up on this.
    Gal51

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2010