How can you call yourself a "decent" roll model?

Today I was talking to a friend of a friend and this woman comes out and tells me that she has been telling her 14 year old daughter, to stop using condoms so she can get pregnant because she (the lady) wants to become a grandmother.

Umm hello??! A 14 year old even having sex with a parents "permission" let alone the parent telling her to have unprotected sex AND "how to get pregnant"
WTF??

And this woman says all the time that she is a wonderful mother and great roll model??? Umm is it just me .. I don't see it? Isn't that considered some form of child abuse or something?

AmandaValentin

Asked by AmandaValentin at 11:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would have to restrain myself from smacking her upside the head and asking WTF is WRONG with you? Then calling children services.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Um yeah I agree with sweetmom. Its got to be some kind of sexual harrasment or child endangerment/neglect. I mother trying to convince her teenage daughter to have sex and get pregnant is no where near the realms of normal behavior and I don't see CPS seeing it any differently. They'd be getting a phone call from me.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't have an issue with sex as a teen, but pushing her to become pregnant at that age is just sick! I have a friend who had her first baby at 14, and although she would never change it for a second, she also made sure her kids knew how hard it was when they started dating... I felt I was to old at 22 to just be having children, but to me 14 is still to young. IF the girl was 19 or 20, I would feel differently, but I have to agree that she shouldn't be pushing for grandkids at this point. If she wants a baby, she should have one herself, not try and talk her kid in to it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Wow....... surprised

mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i'am amazed how some mother's can call them role models at 14yrs old you should be think of boys but not sex that what you save for that special night with your one true love ,but it is good that she is using condom ,at lest she has brain and mother does not ,i know i would have bitch slap that mother
    and she gives us good mother's a bad name
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Its a sick world, and I am pretty sure at that age, if she were caught, there could be legal ramifications...contributing to the deliquency etc etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would call DFS! That is illegal to do!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2010