Do you think its possible...

to get tougher laws passed on child molestors? Do you think its possible to get mandatory life sentences? I am so infuriated with the story about the man only getting 13 years in jail for raping a 5 year old. I'm literally in tears over it. Its just not right. What can we do to fix this? Who do we talk to? And do you think anyone is willing to listen?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly... if someone raped my 5 yr old, they would get the death penalty, one way or the other. Yes, I would risk going to prison to make sure my child (or any other child) never had to look over their shoulder for that man ever again. Crimes against children should warrant the death penalty... plain and simple. If we can't protect the most fragile among us, then what are we good for as a society??
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I say they should be castrated, then put in jail for life. If you can't have a penis without causing harm, you lose it. Then, since you ruined a part of someone' life, you go to prison. They shouldn't be able to go on living a free life when rape victims never get over it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• A mom once asked the question: if you could change one law, what would it be? My answer was exactly as you have stated- put all child molesters and pedi's away FOR LIFE! Never let them out of that fence! It's sick and very upsetting! I 100% agree!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes, I think passing tougher laws is possible. I do not know if I see it happening.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sorry, but not with this politically correct, liberal admin! Criminals have more rights than we do!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• They don't have to castrate them, but they could make a few snips that would make their penis only functionable for peeing & nothing else. I think they should do this with all rapists. Gonna abuse it, then ya can't use it...

But yes, i think they should get life in prison, i would not even mind too much if they were just put to death. I know that sounds barberic, but i wouldn't mind at all if they got the death penalty.

Sometimes they do get life in prison. It really depends on their lawyer really....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• And yet if you fuck with someone's money you can spend the rest of your life in jail. The sentences people get is ridiculous. But I know some organizations, like RAINN, are trying to get more of these sickos convicted and for longer (since many are never convicted).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Life? pfffh just put a bullet in their skull ..done over
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Give it a rest Gal, this one has nothing to do with TSA. To the original poster, yes, I do think there should be tougher sentences for child molesters and sexual predators in general, life in prison would be just fine with me or the death penalty or honest-to-goodness castration, none of that chemical nonsense.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Do you think its possible...

to get tougher laws passed on child molestors?

Not when TSA is playing grab-ass at the airports.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010