what do you do when your baby wakes up and cries but goes back to sleep after a few min 4 or 5 times a night?

it seems like she isnt sleeping very well....she has always done this...she is almost 5 mos old...is that ok? she usually wakes up and has a bottle sometime around 3 or 4 and when she cries for that its a different cry its not like im ignoring her other cries its just that i know when she is going to go back to sleep and when she actually needs me but is this normal?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do u use a pacifier?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• gave you a bump
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yes she falls asleep with a paci and then loses it...most of the time if its early and she doesnt stop crying i can go in and put the paci back in her mouth and she will go back to sleep but i dont know if that is creating a bad habit or not....i dont want to be doing that 15 times a night
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i would do nothing really. it sounds like she is learning to self calm. lucky you.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it's encouraging that she can fall asleep on her own. Hopefully the older she gets the less she will wake. Good luck and sleep well.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sounds like she's learning to fall asleep on her own. I would just leave her as long as she goes back to sleep.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Paci =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It sounds as your doing the right thing, you don't need to come in everytime she cries. Your starting earlier then I did, which it's your choice as a parent when you make the decision on when is the time to transation to something different.
    I usually don't check on my son unless he's been crying for 10 minutes, then I come in change etc. Then I leave the room.
    I have the same problem he spits his paci out . I'm now at that stage though that I give the paci only at night, but my son is 13 months.
    good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Normal. Relax. If you have a video monitor you can check that nothing is seriously wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i agree
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010