How did you choose your childs/childrens names?

My first was a list of first and middle names. I picked out all the names I liked and gave it to my hubby.

Second Child I named b/c the delivery and whole pregnancy was a mess. So my hubby gave it to me.

I piked out my third child's name her first name is my husbands grandmother's last name. The middle name is my family name. I told my husband in the 9th month this baby's name is Berott Ames boy or girl. He said okay by me, and then his Grandma died that night. After I picked out her last name for my girls first name.

So how did you your family pick out the kids names?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 7 kids and most of their names are meaningful to me and DH- named after people we love. But some of them we just liked without having a meaning to us. We're expecting a girl now and we are looking for names we like on the Internet.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 11:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Babynames.com lol. Seriously though, I had no idea so I browsed them online until I found one I liked and we agreed on. Then we just gave him his Daddy's middle name.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Kyla Lynn Marie is my dd's name. Her first name we spent forever tring to figure out. I didn't like Kylie because of first grade. I didn't like kayla so I decided Kyla, Lynn is my middle name and Marie is my mothers and MIL's middle name.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My oldest was named after my Grandfather (Alexander) & my DH's father (Charles)
    My "youngest" was named after my DH who happens to have two first names, so we just dropped the first first name... (Hunter Lee)

This one, we can't decide on a first name, but her middle name with be Alice, which was my MILs name.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My daughter's name Heather was the only first name that we could agree on. I used my BF's middle name Leigh for her middle name.

My first son was named after his father, William, and it also runs on my father's side of the family. His middle name was Andrew it was a popular name from my mother's side of the family, and it is mine as well.

My third child, a boy, his dad wanted to name him Dakota. I just couldn't live with that name. The only first name we could agree on was Brandon. At the last minute I chose between Taylor and Adam. We went with Taylor.

The weird thing was, a couple of years later I realized that if you put their middle names together, that we had the name Andrew Taylor. Does anyone remember the Andy Griffith Show? It was the sheriff's name. LOL!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my first is john henry james -name after both opa's and one great opa
    josh bernard-name after my brother
    jeff edward-name my nephew
    nina anna marie elizbeth - which spells name
    nick i wanted to name st nick for dutch santa
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:28 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• for my girl, I always like the name Charlotte, then gave her my granmothers middle name Eloise....

for my son, I named hom after his great grand father Joseph, then gave him his fathers middle name Lee

as i joke w my fiance we were goin to name our boy Justin Case Tex..... cuz his daddys last name was tex... thought it was funny cuz of the safe auto commericials, but we didn't do it cuz jus wouldn't be right...
    hotmamma1984

Answer by hotmamma1984 at 2:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• kaleb Sean Lee = biblical, godfathers middle name, and fmily name
    Kallista Elizabeth Leigh= Love the name, greatgrandmas name, and family name
    Chloe Georgetta Katherine= like the name, grandmas name,grandmas name
    Daisy Lorelei Mae= Just love the whole name!
    Ginger Victoria Rose= Love ginger, gret great grandma, family name
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Treyson Porter-We got the idea from my friend, who named her son Rayson. And I changed it a little. Porter, we just liked.
    Conley Ryanne-her first name was my maiden name. Ryanne we just liked.
    Bentley Leon, we loved the name Bentley. And Leon was my hubby's grandpa's name.
    Maleigha Alaine and Holleigh Alore-We were, at first, going to go with Mallory and Holly for our twins. Then I saw the name Malia and loved the sound of it, but not the spelling. So, I changed the spelling to fit what we liked. Same with Holleigh. Alaine was my grandma's middle name. And Alore we just liked.
    Londyn Sophia-We loved the name Londyn. My grandma's name was sophie, but we thought that was a little dated, so choose Sophia.
    Cale Knox- I had a teacher I loved back in High school that had a son name Kale. Loved the name. Knox was my grandpa's middle name.
    Kilynn Reese, grandkid-The name Kilynn is a combo of Kileigh and Lynn (grandma's).
    KileighR

Answer by KileighR at 9:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010