32 Weeks Pregnant with bad chest congestion

So what I thought was just my asthma actin up ended up becoming a really bad cold that has lasted me literally more than a month...my ob even put me on the zpac this 5 day antibiotic but this cough just seems to get worse and worse I do not want to spend the rest of my pregnancy choking in the middle of the night and after every sentence but I also do not want to spend it on meds either I dnt know what I should do....O yeah and my medicaid does not want to pay for these ob visits any more since they say that it is not related to pregnancy so now I am coming out of pocket for these visits I can afford them but I cant overwhelm myself with the bills either I do not know what i should do anymore

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You may need to get inhaler medicine. I get bronchitis whenever i get a chest cold and it always takes an inhaler to cure.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• they will let me have an inhaler while being pregnant???
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Most likely it is Viral, and Antibiotic will not help. Taking antibiotics when not needed causes resistamce to superbugs. My OB told me it was OK to take Robitussin DM which has a cough suppressant and and expectorant. Also they may not be able to take you at the MD's office but the ER by law can not turn you away. Good Luck and Congratulations!
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 12:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have been suffering from coughing and chest congestion for at least half of that. I have yet to find anything that helped me much. Have you tried a humidifier at night? That helped me a little. I also took Robitussin before I went to bed when it got bad enough to where I couldn't sleep because of it. I've mostly just suffered. I hope you find something to help!
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• omg it sounds like i wrote this question, ill b 32 weeks tomorro n i was on cefleclor n claratin d for a week n i got better then thw sickness returned wit vengence n now im on zpac n claratin, im a lil better but def still sick n coughin nasty n voice is gone!....so good luck to us both with gettin better, i wish i knew how to help us both!!!...n my poor lil girl hates when i get to coughin, i feel so bad for her n there!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 1:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2010