How would you feel?

How would you feel if your husband told you he lied whenever he had told you you werent fat?
Im a size 5 ,130 pds, 5'6
I know Im chunky after 3 kids.... but he really didnt have to tell me he lied.
Is it childish Im hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• At 130 pounds and in a size 5 at 5 ft. 6, after 3 kids you are doing GREAT. Better than most women with 1 or 2 kids. I'm 5'4 and at 130lbs (which I am currently not at) I was in a size 7 and definitely did not think I was fat. I wasn't SKINNY, but I wasn't chunky or fat. I actually consider that my perfect weight. Some people have an unrealistic view on what "fat" is, and my opinion is do not listen to those people who are brainwashed in to thinking a normal, healthy woman is fat because she is not a size 0. If you look in the mirror and do not think you're fat, then don't let anyone else convince you otherwise. I find it very hard to believe that you look even remotely close to being fat. You should be proud of yourself and don't let your husband's ridiculous man opinions get you down.

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 3:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You're not fat. That size sounds perfect to me. The problem is with him, not you.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• 130 is ideal! Right where I want to be! Hes a dumbass!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 12:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No. I would be hurt too. 130 pounds is not fat. He's screwing with your self esteem and beating you down. You brought his children into the world and it's going to change your body.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• id be very hurt too and that is not fat, im sure you look INCREDIBLE after having 3 kids :)
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You are in a very good range for your height and weight according to your BMI: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calculator_bmi.asp
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 12:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i would love to be 130 lbs!
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 1:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• LindaClement -stuff it ok.. I needed a little encouragement at the time I wrote this...when I am your age maybe I will agree with you but I have a while to go from the looks of it:) To the rest of you ladies...thank you , I do feel better about myself. I guess he is just having a bad day!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• im sure you look great im a size 5 ( well i was berfpre i got pregnant , idk where i am now and idk what ill be after shes born ) but im 5'2 and about 130 and im normal average size not chubby or skinny . my family called me fat bcuz my whole life i was a size 0 so in two years i gained 30 pounds but i think you are perfect size especillay after having 3 kids .
    teenmum11

Answer by teenmum11 at 4:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Hon, your body shape and body image are YOUR problem. Leave your poor husband out of it. If you're insecure about what you look like either do something (like work out regularly) that will make some kind of positive change or get a therapist.

If you already know you've gained weight or become soft and flabby (and if so, a little wider even at the same weight) why are you using your husband's eyes (or anyone else's) to confirm it? You're not stupid, you can see your shape as clearly as anyone else can...

When a friend (or one of my children) asks me for my objective opinion, I give it to them. And, if they've gained weight and want to know if it's obvious, if it's obvious I'll tell them so. If they don't want to know, they shouldn't ask.

Right?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:18 AM on Nov. 24, 2010