Unreasonable or Not unreasonable? That is the question

Imagine yourself as a person who has quite a bit of cash laying around and someone who has begun hanging out with you at the bar when ya go out(which has been 3-4 nights out of the week) you dont have any young kids in the household anymore, they are all grown up, but this person has a 2 year old at home and you have seen this person everytime you have gone out the bars. The person gives you rides, to and from the bars, they practically kiss your butt everytime.
Then one night this person asks you to invest money cause they're thinking of opening a pizza restaurant. You have tasted their pizza and thought it was AMAZING! Enough for you to invest $7,000. The only time you can meet them these days is after 9 pm at the bars. But at one of the meetings, the person meets you and says their spouse is getting angry for the late nights at the bars 3-4(sometimes 6) nights out of the week. And you need to start meeting other places(i.e. Cafe, restaurant, home) in the day time.
Would you make time for them, and schedule times to do business? EVEN though you are quite busy with the one you have already?
And I'm the spouse in this story, my husband is the one who has been going out  a lot. He knows that going out that much is not good for him. With the past he has, he is going to be going down the wrong road. It has happend before and I have that gut feeling that is going to happen again if this keeps going on. Thats when I asked him to have his business meetings elsewhere at a more  decent hour. Is that reasonable or unreasonable? Especially when the guy who is investing in him has no time other than the bar time to meet with my husband? I say, if he is really committed to my husband he would MAKE time to meet up with him at a more decent place at a more decent time. Reasonable? Or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry, no. This one sends of warning signals to me. Def. unreasonalbe.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Uuuhhhhh.... sounds suspicious to me. Why the heck is this person looking for someone to invest in their business at a bar?? Aren't there more prestigious places to find business partners? And now they are wanting to meet other places and "home". I would not invest my money in anything this person has or does. I'd be running...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• something is up! i wouldnt trust it for a second!
    koensmom22

Answer by koensmom22 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• no way. i wouldnt. way too risky.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have no idea who is who in this convoluted story... okay: you're the spouse asking the dad of the 2yo and starting the pizza business to meet the other guy who doesn't have children to meet during business hours? Or??

When did he try the pizza? I don't think the bar lets people bring their own... so clearly there is at least one time in the last hundred million years to be somewhere other than the bar??

What I wonder is whether the money has changed hands yet? Shady is the way you tell this story...

LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:56 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• this sounds fishy i wouldnt do this
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If your husband's pizza is so amazing, why doesn't he go to a bank and get a loan instead of schmoozing this guy? And why would your husband need to meet with him so many times a week anyway?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010