Is there anything I can take for...??

I'm looking forward to having another child. It would be my third child. But my first pregnancy was a nightmare. I'm always extremely achy, Sex seems disgusting, so does anything edible. non-stop vomiting migraines and urinating. everyone kept saying the second is much easier. WRONG! it was a trip to hell. all these symptoms were worse adding the inability to walk.so many people have a much easier time? i love kids but those 2 sets of nine months seemed like years of misery. is there anything i can take to make pregnancy easier.is all hope lost? i dont want a surrogate mother or consider adopting.(dont hate, for personal reasons, thanks)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are lots of things you can do to help your symptoms. Morning sickness: small meals, simple carbs, avoid trigger foods and greesy stuff, B vitamins, nux vomica, meditation, eating well (before becoming pregnant too). Aches: Moderate exercise, chairopractic care (also good for headaches, morning sickness, etc), tylenol, hot compresses, massages yoga and stretching. The inability to walk may have been a disorder called symphesis pubis dysfunction. I had it. Nothing for it except patience with yourself, though being in good shape and eating right could help prevent it or lessen it's severity.

Eat very well, lots of fresh fruit and veggies, whole grains, lean meats, moderate exercise, time to rest, help from a partner to attend things you can't and attitude changes. Understand that your body is doing something amazing and won't perform to 100% and be okay with it.

GL! I'm a doula and CBE, you can PM me if you want :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• They certainly make numerous things to help make pregnancy easier from Morning Sickness lollipops to Belly Belts that help your back from being so painful. The only prescription that I know of to ease pregnancy symptoms are disolving tablets for morning sickness as well. Sorry the first two were not the best experiences for you. Remember... every pregnancy is different and there is such a huge reward in the end!!! GL
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Just keep yourself healthy, keep a lot of fresh ginger, ginger ale and ginger snaps around for nausea, vitamin b complex will help with energy and nausea, and your 3rd pregnancy could very well be completely different. You won't know until it happens. GL!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• thanks so true. but i have such a tough time, i cant help being such a bitch all the time. i hate my pregnant self.i dont wanna go back to that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would speak to your doc about it-it seems like you had a horrible time being preggo & I feel bad for you. I am confident there is hope!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Oh, as for the libido problems, that's hormonal. Just be patient with yourself. being in good health could help alleviate that too.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Just a note on the above anon comment, There are not, I repeat NOT any studies done on pregnant women and marijuana. There is no way to know if there are adverse effects and whether or not these effects would be worth the relief.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• well i have a friend who had terrible pregnancies and she smokes marijuana to ease the vomiting and migraines and all that and her ob agreed to it being the safest way to deal with her issues. otherwise it she would have been put on both a narcotic for her back problems, a barbiruate for her migraines plus the phenegrin for her nausea/vomiting. not saying we should all smoke pot or anything like that but its an effective pain killer and muscle relaxer and is (according to all studies that have been done during pregnancy) fairly safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2010