What nationality do you think I look like I am?

I was brought up by my grandmother because my mom parents died when I was 5. My grandmother apparently felt it was a good idea to hide from me the fact that I was adopted until now that I am 22. It was not a legal adoption and the only thing she knows about my birth parents is that they didn't speak good English so they're not Americans and they already had 8 kids before they had me.
So anyway, I am going to post a picture below..

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Adoption

• ah so you are in Canada? Ok. There are groups on here that might be able to help you.
    Here is one: http://www.cafemom.com/group/35065
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think you could be Dutch, Russian or Swedish, you kinda look like me lol.
    And I'm Swedish & greek and who knows what else, lol!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Sorry I posted anon-accident!!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Are you not sure of your nationality? Or is this just for fun?
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I really don't know and I don't know where to start looking..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• While you're certainly angry, and I think with good reason --being lied to your whole life has a way of grating --I wonder about the direction of your quest.

This kind of thing happened a lot more 100 years ago than it does today, but it still happens all over the world and the US is no different. It is extremely unlikely that even if you could figure out what nationality (a genetic test would help there) you are that you would ever find anyone related to you. If you're dying to know, contact the Red Cross --they have a lost and missing relatives service they provide for free, and I'm sure you'd qualify.

While your grandmother might be convinced your family of origin couldn't have been Americans, I invite you to look a little more closely at the US: there are hundreds (or maybe thousands) of enclaves of one-ethnicity neighbourhoods where people born in the US don't speak English well. That melting pot thing didn't work.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• russian or norweigan?
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• you resemble someone I know and she is Peruvian and Caucasian
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Thank you Linda, I though if I could figure out where my parents were from it would make it easier to find me. Like if I look more Russian or Norweigan, I could look into people from Russia or Norway first. I know my real birth date too, so that might help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Do you have facebook or myspace, you might get found there by your birthparents.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2010