What is easier and faster to make, green bean casserole or broccoli and cheese casserole?

tina_bean

Asked by tina_bean at 2:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• I am suddenly reminded of the introduction for a cookbook ... when did nurturing our families go out of style? Why the rush all the time?

They are both easy and fast to prepare and they both take about the same amount of time to cook. The one with the fewest ingredients (or chopping) might make a difference of 2-3 minutes to the prep time...but it's unlikely to be that much difference.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't think either one would be harder than the other. I prefer the green bean casserole, as does my family, so that is what I make (though they do love broccoli lol).
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:09 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• thanks Linda! you're right, it's about time spent with your loved ones :) and thank you too april! I love the green bean casserole but I also love cheese so maybe I'll put french's cheddar cheese onions on the green bean casserole :)
    tina_bean

Comment by tina_bean (original poster) at 2:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I personally think green bean is faster because you don't have to cook anything ahead of time before you can put the casserole together where as with the broccoli/rice you have to cook the rice and broccoli first and spend the time slicing the cheese.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I THINK GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE IS FASTER
    carrielynn78

Answer by carrielynn78 at 6:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Both about the same time. My family doesn't like green bean casserole, so I make steamed broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• The green bean casserole is probably quicker, but I think the broccoli and cheese casserole tastes a lot better. I like my green beans to be cooked with ham and potatoes.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:56 AM on Nov. 24, 2010