I think Im depressed

Im sad, irritable, loss interest in thing s i enjoyed. problems with weight, I feel worthless, and i have low self esteem. How do I go about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

• So stop! That depression card does'nt get you outta that. Only you can decide to live in the now. Life does have a way of getting to us. The best I can offer friend is live everyday likes it your last, because one day you will be right. I think if your thinking maybe I am or maybe i'm not (( go)) with the i'm not!!! Don't give in hun...suck it up and live your day! Loose weight one day at a time that's how you gained it. There is no easy fixes just today. Tommorow never gets here it's always today. Good luck and smile <3
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• thank you for your answer. i wish it was that simple, to just stop. ive gone through some things and i think its catching up to me. my mother passed when i was 6, and my father who iwas very close to, passed in 06. I only have one brother and we arent as close as I wished we'd be. I feel very alone sometimes, and I feel guilty because I have my DD and husband who I adore. But I cant always talk to him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I GOT ONLINE AND DID A DEPRESSED QUESTIONAIR AND IT HELPED ME REALIZE THAT I WAS DEPRESSED AND WAYS I COULD GET INSPIRATION, HELP, AND MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU NEED TO GET A DOCTORS APT.
    carrielynn78

Answer by carrielynn78 at 5:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• This might help for what ails you: Help someone else. Sometimes when you step outside of yourself to discover what is going on with someone else you make yourself feel better.

Also, try walking. It's been proven that exercise is an automatic mood lifter. What do you have to loose.
    Try it and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 8:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree with "Liveyourlifeval"... the best way to lift depression is to go out of our ways to help someone else... for instance, since neither of your parents are with us any more (RIP), I would specifically find someone who would be about their age now, and go and help them... For instance, I have a friend who is about my mother's age that I can go and clean her house for her... it is a huge help to her since she is no longer able to get around due to an accident she was in where a semi-truck hit her car... Also, make sure to get out of the house and find something you love to do... try out different hobbies, and talk to someone who is encouraging to you. I also agree that you should start doing regular exercises throughout the day... it not only will help you lose weight, but will release endorphins... the "feel good" hormone... Hope this helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 9:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Well I honestly tried all the self help that I could and what I found out was that I needed help. So try walking, try singing, try swimming or exercise, try holding a baby, or try a hobby that helps you focus on it. It you can not get your self out of your funk then get thee to a dr. The simple truth is that women have loads of changing hormones. In times of flux we sometimes need a little help. Some of that help my be in the form of a pill or therapy.
    Simply put try it all and keep doing what works. By the way your not ugly, fat or stupid just because you have depression. Honestly it is not a life style choice. It is a medical condition that may take more than you can muster up to help your self. Good luck honey. Do not listen to any one who tells you it is a choice. If it was simply a choice choosing to be healthy would be the easiest cure in the world.
    You are not alone. If you ever want to chat pm me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• go tell your doc that - ask for a name of a good cousilor and a script for something that will make you feel better - then start getting better - it IS that easy...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It could be your diet. Please make a Dr. appt and get checked out.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 6:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I took that Questionnaire and got 57 points!!! UGH, I dont want to be. Believe me, I talked to my husband and told him all that was bothering me, I think he understood most things the way I meant them. I will start working on it myself, I know I wont seek help, im too embarassed, and I refuse to be on medication if I can help it a little. I would love to talk to a professional, but im embarassed to seek that also. I need to learn to deal with the loss of both my parents, my brother not being there for me, the fact that I feel bad about myself and my low self esteem. It is a little bit of everything right now, and it seems hard to get out of it, but I will start slowly, and hopefully i can count on a good friend, and my husband to help me through.
    I want to thank you ladies so much. And I know this is not a choice, but I wont be giving in so easily. i got so many things to be greatful 4 and I have to stay focused on that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Depression is nothing to play with. It can start getting worse before u realize it has. I was diagnosed with depression about 6 yrs ago. Dr put me on low dose paxil. Started feeling better for awhile started to take intrest again. Then I was getting so angery at little things, starting to get argumentive with my DH, picking fights. I found myself diagnosed with Bipolar disorder type 2. I am feeling MUCH better! Still get the irritabilty once in awhile, but not as bad as it has been. Good luck with u, and remember that u r not alone either.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010