Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

separaed five years no legal papers no transfer of moneyhow can i make the dad believe he is still resoonsible for 50%

kids are age 10 ad 12 take turns on where they wabt to sleeep at night. Decision cant be made till chris goes to his room becsuse chris is the stepson and is very fearful of stepheb csiuse of the abuse. All of thhe childrens medical academical and sports needs are paid for by their mother 100% each child wears glasses each sees a dentist four tmes a year with no dental insurance each sees an allergist all prescribed meds are paid by me the mother and all over the counter meds are prescribed by me all seasonal clothes are provived by me i pay for thei individual lap tops and cell phones and all extracarricular activities football cheerleasdin camoing new bikes etc stephen provides nothin but a roof over their head when they sleep with him and a change a clothes that i have bought

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Go to court. File Joint everything. Then he will have to pay half of everything. Also if this man receives SSI your kids get it also. If he works well the money for the kids will be taken out of his checks. Just went to court with my husband for his son and other cases that had 10 year old kids they had to pay 354 each month and it gos up also. So go to court and file custody....thats the best thing to do...

    Answer by Mrs.Norris at 4:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

  • It's sad to even have to do all of this, BUT: Pull your records/receipts and take it to court. You all need someone to mediate bewteen this. To make sure that things are done properly and fair, get a lawyer and go to court. Thankfully, he is somewhat involved, because there are some fathers who could give a penny about a roof over their kids heads. If you are feeling the strain of carrying the children 100%, take legal action. Hoping for the best for you and the family!

    Answer by MrsJStearns at 8:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
Car seat violation

Next question overall (Food & Drink)
how to