divorce

yes i would like to know if i tell that he got on cocaine and then left and and move in with aother woman after 36yrs of marriage but says he doesn't want a divorce

hmilton4

Asked by hmilton4 at 2:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• what!! just forget about him.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 4:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You need to get on with life and live! He's done it. By rights legal and bibically, you have every right to divorce him. If he had any love for you or honor, he would let you go. This guy wants his cake and eat it too! Before you tell him your plans, get all your paperwork in order. Your tax returns, everything you've invested into, what he makes, bank statements,etc. Open your own checking accound. If there is anyting you don't want to split with him, you need to sell it before you file. Once you file, nothing can leave the house until the divorce is settled. Write down what you want. Then ask around for a lawyer that won't soak you for all your money but will stand up for you. I say this because I watched my sister get nickeled & dimed. Every phone call, fax, or letter cost. Thats why you get the paperwork together. Also proof of his addiction & pictures of him with woman. Sorry u have to go through this. I pray God help u!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 7:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Recovering addict with 5 yrs clean and coke was my drug of choice. Live your life in spite of his selfishness. It does not matter why he is doing this, it does not matter how. Life your life and be happy to the best of your ability, a person will only get clean when THEY want to do it for THEMSELVES. But I wouldn't worry about this other woman being all that, the cocaine scene is one of promiscuity and desperation, so do not have sex with him unprotected, do not let him in the home, change your locks, live your life and have faith that everything will turn out like it should.
    BrookieCookie1

Answer by BrookieCookie1 at 8:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Move on sweetie. Good luck.
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• At this point does it matter what HE wants? And if so WHY? I would hope YOU care enough for YOU to want to divorce this man.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 7:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2010