Do you ever feel like you are the one and only parent that thinks like you?

I read through these questions and answers and lots of times I do agree with others, but there are some subjects where I am the one and only who has any thoughts close to mine... And I think, hmm... Why doesn't everyone see it this way? And they probably read my answers and thing "this bitch is nuts" but that's okay... lol I'm generally a free range parent, but I technically fall in to the "attachment" category too... I've always felt that people need to be themselves and if they aren't hurting anyone they shouldn't be stopped from doing what they choose, and this goes for kids as well... Then I come on here and I'm blown away by the ways others view the same world and the same situations and think I must be the only one...

How about you? Does this site ever make you feel MORE alone than supported?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes.
    dejamanu

Answer by dejamanu at 2:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• On some subjects. That's why I never ask parenting questions on here. Learned that the hard way. I was completely ganged up on and bitched out in a parenting group simply because I questioned why speech therapy was nessessary for a 12 month old. I also don't ask about or usually answer relationship questions. I'm a lot more liberal than most CM members.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• sometimes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Oh yeah. Especially when I've asked sleep questions clearly stating we don't believe in CIO, then everyone suggests it. We've managed to avoid CIO for 2 years, and we're happy with that! Spanking, breastfeeding, vaccines, etc, all get everyone riled up, and I think few of these issues do we all lie on the exact same side of the fence on (it's always a mix). I try to remind myself that ultimately, we all have our children's best interests at heart, and we're all just doing the best we can.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes. I do not mind though. I just hate when people think I should parent the way they do or I am wrong.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• lol, yes I feel that way with some things.. like ear piercing. I'm sooo against piercing babies ears, and can't believe the amount of mom's that don't realize the hazards of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2010