It makes us SOOOOOOOOOOO safe....

Yep...one more TSA question for the road...and I'll see you girls after the holiday... Here's well known guy that went through the full body scanner...with a "weapon"... and didn't get stopped..

linky

for you copy and pasters

http://gizmodo.com/5697222/adam-savage-mythbusting-airport-security-wtf-tsa

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He's a stand up comic- it was a joke. He didn't really get thru w/ that on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He's a stand up comic- it was a joke.

No, he's not. It's also not a joke. Security misses things all the time. Sorry if that bursts your bubble.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• There is no full proof way anonymous there is ALWAYS a risk.Which is another reason why there IS a better way to have security WITHOUT feeling folks up and down or scanning them.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My mother just had a flight from Marquette, Michigan, to Oaxaca, Mexico yesterday. During her trips through security at Marquette, Detroit, Dallas, and Mexico city, she was not frisked once, nor did she go through the full body scan. I know it doesn't really pertain to your question, but everyone's freaking out because of being patted down and full body scans when they're not even doing it at all airports with all people.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• http://worldnewsvine.com/2010/11/tsa-mythbusters-adam-savage-junk-seen-razors-missed-gop-failure/

LINK
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• The guy is the host of "Mythbusters" and he points out a GOP failure ....do you still like him? Do you still trust him?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

_____________________________________________

I know he's the host of Mythbusters...I like the show. I didn't look at your link yet... but the GOP makes mistakes like crazy, as do the Dems. I'm not in love with either side. I prefer fiscal conservancy, neither side has really shown that. I have moderate hopes for the new Congress, because a) there is a balance of power, and b) they've been lightly scolded by the American people.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Ok, so I finally got the link to work, and what he's basically saying is, the TSA is Bush's invention, so Bush gets the blame for everything they do for the rest of their existence.

I do not agree with him. These scanners are under Obama's watch...so while the Pubs did a crappy job setting up the TSA, the Dems poured gas on the fire. Both sides get blamed.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• like him? I have a big geeky crush on the man. but then, as you know, I'm a liberal.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• so Nanixh, the violation of civil rights, of the fourth amendment, is just ducky so long as it doesn't happen to you? or if its only a certain percentage of travelers?

if these questions are so very grievous to you, why do you keep reading them and commenting on them? are you a masochist?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010