How do i get my 4mth old to take the relatch again on my breast?

Hi I have been breast feeding for the last 3 months, but had to stop do to medical reasons, so in the mean time my son had to have a bottle, now he dont want to take the nipple so i can breast feed him.....i dont want him to starve cuz he dont want to take the nipple so i give him the bottle so he wont go hungry.....can anyone help? oh yeah and my milk supply has really went down low? thanks in advance.

MummyLuv

Asked by MummyLuv at 2:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep trying him a little bit here and there! Offer it when he's hungry but not frantic yet. Have you tried squirting some milk on his lips to give him a taste?
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 4:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree with ladyofivory, offer it to him when he's not super hungry, or he will get frustrated. Offer it as often as possible, but try not to get too frustrated when he doesn't take it. The bottle feeds him with less work, so going back to the breast will take some getting used to. Just keep working on it, mama! You can do it! Your supply will catch up a few days after you get him back on. You can try pumping in the meantime, but baby on the breast is the best way to get that supply going.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i agree too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2010