Fun teaching Ideas

How did u teach ur child colors and shapes?

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 3:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Use everyday stuff that he can relate to. We'd be at the dining room table over dinner asking him what color his bowl was, what color his fork was, etc. We use his bath toys, cars we see, the slides at the playground, anything. For shapes, we're just getting started, but again, finding them in the real world makes them more memorable, and you don't need anything special to work on them!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• get a game or toy (age apropos) which follows the subjects of colors and shapes! My 2 year old son just started therapy sessions to promote his speech (the boy is smart and understands direction very well, he just refuses to speak), his therapist just today suggested we get him a Mr. Potato Head to help him learn the body parts, but they also come in diff. colors and sizes (may be a good toy for ur toddler too).
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I just got the different shapes or even hand made the shapes in 3d form for my daughter, for the colors i just got paint and started telling her what they was as we painted. she got the hang of it. oh yeah u can always get flash cards with the shapes and colors as well...works wonders for me.
    MummyLuv

Answer by MummyLuv at 3:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2010