Dear bakers of Cafemom, I have a cookie question! adult content

Okay so I am making cookies for my brothers GF's babyshower on sunday.
I wanted to do rolled sugar cookies ( this recipe to be specific: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Best-Rolled-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx )
..I have some baby themed cookie cutters as well.. Was going to do like sugar cookies in the shape of bottles, etc.. and frost them..
But my question is, my brother wants something kind of different..
I was wondering if I added some extra spices to the sugar cookie dough would it still roll and bake correctly?
I wanted to add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and MAYBE a dash of lemon juice..
Do you think if I added these things, would they cookies still roll and cook as planned, and mantain their shape?
Thanks everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think if you put a small amount of spices in they will be fine. You also could mix them together and sprinkle on top before baking(do a couple fist and taste before doing alot) or mix the spices into some of the frosting....Have fun with it but,don't do more than a couple first to try,then if you like them make more!
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 3:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree with cjsix. You shouldn't have a problem adding the dry spices to the dough and still having it cook correctly. I wouldn't add the lemon juice into the dough..put it in the frosting..It sounds awesome..I might try it.
    Andrea0209

Answer by Andrea0209 at 4:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You can add the spices, but be careful, just a little. Don't add lemon juice, it will make them spread.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Since you are wanting them for a shower just around the corner, I would look for a new recipe so you don't end up with something you don't like and no time to bake more.  Try this one http://www.grouprecipes.com/18693/cream-cheese-sugar-cookies.html and you can subsitute any extract flavoring for the vanilla to change up the flavors.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:59 AM on Nov. 24, 2010