If someone says "I'm broke", What does that mean to you?......in detail, IOW don't just respond with "they have no money"

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 3:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• Nothing is in the bank, their credit is horrible and little cash is on hand.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• They on't have any spare cash. Doesn't mean they're in trouble, just that they don't have much disposible income at the moment.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 4:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• eye rollingi need money

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 5:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Broke to me means barely scraping by with what's already there. Bills are piling up, the car really needs gas, groceries and things need to be purchased, but they have less than $20 to their name.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't know about other people, but when I say I'm broke, it means I have less than $20 in my bank account at the moment and we're eating beans and baked potatoes for dinner. ;)
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 9:36 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I often her Im broke from people, and to me it means that they dont have extra cash for fun things...
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• This statement differs with each person. For some it may be disposable income and for some it may be they don't have the money to lend or buy and some just don't flat out have it.

Some times it's simply what you deem important to spend your money on.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 8:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• IOW..money is tight. Their finances could be tied up in bills at the moment, they have money set aside for holiday, no spare cash in the pocket...etc.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• With the person I know it's I don't know how to manage my money and I am behind on everything is site even though I'm telling you that my husband makes great money & we have no credit cards, drive shitty cars and don't buy a lot for their kids. But sometimes it means they just don't want to buy or do what you want to do.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• When I say broke, I mean Im not doing any extra driving because I wont have the gas money, phone bill might be late, arrangements need to be made for electric bill etc....broke is BROKE! Now my mom says Im broke and then goes to get her nails done or will buy cigs. NOT BROKE! IMO!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2010