i need to know how to make a turkey dinner

first timer need to know how to make this turkey and yes i defrosted it, need some side dish ideas also thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• How long did you let it defrost for? It takes 2-3 days to properly defrost. I suggest looking up All Recipes for some recipe ideas. Depends on the way you want to cook it, and lots of other deciding factors. Alton on the Food Network has a really good baked turkey recipe. So good, but requires a lot of ingredients and prep time.

Side dishes - Mashed potatoes and gravy, candied yams, dressing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, mac and cheese, fresh steamed veggies, salad, deviled eggs, rolls, etc.

For dessert pumpkin pie or bars, pecan pie, cake, sweet potato pie, etc.
    Arcanems

Answer by Arcanems at 4:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I ACTUALLY DID MY TURKEY ALITTLE DIFFERENT LAST YEAR AND IT WAS A BIG HIT. WE DID TROPICAL TURKEY WITH PINAPLE CHUNCKES STUFFED INSIDE WITH BROWN SUGAR AND HONEY GLAZED ALL AROUND. I COOKED IT FOR 8 HOURS. KEEP A THERMOMETER TO KEEP TABS.
    carrielynn78

Answer by carrielynn78 at 6:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Follow directions on the turkey wrapper for roasting time or Google turkey roasting times so you know how long to cook it. We don't stuff ours anymore. It is easier to bake the stuffing/dressing in a separate pan. Keep it simple for your first time. Make a starch side like potatoes/yams, maybe 2 veggies, cranberry sauce, rolls. Have some yummy desserts. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• This is really easy to make and doesn't take up extra oven space. It is so nice to have homemade stuffing over the boxed stuff.

Crockpot Dressing

1 pan 8 x 8 cornbread-baked
    8 slices day old bread-toasted
    4 eggs
    2 cans chicken broth
    2 cans cream of chicken soup
    1/4 cup diced celery
    1/4 cup diced onion
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 tablespoon sage
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 tablespoon thyme

Combine all ingredients except butter in crockpot. Dot with butter.
    Cover. Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I love using the Reynold's Baking Bags. The turkey comes out "fall off the bone" tender and juicy. I usually make stuffing on the stove, then I add cheese (colby jack is our favorite) and bake it for a few minutes under the broiler to give it a little bit of a crispy top. I also do green beans (not the casserole), biscuits/rolls, cranberry sauce (canned, jellied) and homemade potato salad. Some years I will do a banana pudding, other times a cheesecake.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010