Have you ever had any dealings or run-ins with a cult? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My neighbor's daughter was into Harry Krishna( not the right spelling )but she was completely bwashed and acted so out there. She would always ask people to go to their meetings. SHe cut her hair really short and gave away her clothes, jewelry and any belongings. She finally got out when she got pregnant.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 6:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• no
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No
    lovemnl

Answer by lovemnl at 7:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• they all are cults, just varying degrees
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, I was raised in one. The fundamentalist christian movement.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:52 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We had people from the Zendik farms come and talk to us in college once. They had a question period and when we were asking questions they started getting really defensive and not going into things. It was only afterwards, when we were finding crazy stuff (accounts from people who had gotten out and stuff ) on the web about them and passing it around (we were sort of an "honors community" within the college) did the guy in charge of our community (we all lived in a special dorm, etc, etc) figure it out and apologize (he had no idea they were so cultish when he set it up).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It wasn't really an "organized" cult, but I used to be into the New Age movement. My cousin also almost joined Scientology and the working group that they have..I forget what it's called.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Just christians and Jehovah's witnesses. Oh, and once at a metaphysical fair I met a scientologist (and got out of there as fast as I could!!!)
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No. Won't put myself in that situation.
    shabbypink123

Answer by shabbypink123 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010