Are these contractions???

So i started having that really bad pinching pain way down low and now when i feel it my stomach gets hard and its like i can feel it just start from teh bottom and work to the top... my backs killing me... and i dont have diahrea but i do have loser bowels. no bloody show... no leaking fluids... just tightness and pain...

ArmyAngel18

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like it!
    could be braxton hicks... if so it will go away and will not get any worse... if it's the real thing it will get VERY intense.
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• How far are you?
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• hm..sounds like it to me..take some tyenol and drink about 2 glasses of water and lay on your left side for alittle bit than if the pain doesn't go away than i'd start timing than call my dr. if your having 1 contraction lasting 60 seconds every 5 minutes in a hour than I'd go to the hospital that's what they call regular. If the tyenol stops them than it's probaly just braxton hicks contractions. If you want to be on the safe side call your dr. How far along are you?
    Anonymous

• I should mention that baby's already dropped too lol... and i'm coming up on 36 weeks
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• plus a baby isn't considered full term till 37 weeks so I'd just pay close attention because he or she needs alittle more time to bake...they'd probaly stop it if you went to the er...if it was contractions
    Anonymous

• It could very well be. My labor was VERY different form most peoples, so I can't comment on what IS normal. But... Not even being 36 weeks, you might want to call the labor and delivery and talk to a nurse. My daughter was born at 36 and 4days and was still not ready. She wasn't breathing (and I HAD had steroid shots) and her blood sugar was REALLY low, and she was extrememly jaundiced. I don't want to scare you, but I always say better safe than sorry. If it is, they might have a chance to hold it off for another week or so to get you that much closer. Good luck!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2008