what is a normal heart rate for a 20 month old?

my daughter has been really sick lately and they hooked her up to a heart monitor and her HR was the same as intrauterine (156 when upset jumping to 192, resting 146

karen143

Asked by karen143 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My son is 13 months and is on an apnea monitor. His HR setting is set at 65 any lower than the monitor alarms. It is normal for kids of that age to have a lower heart rate than when a newborn. Also her HR might have been faster because she is sick. With fevers the body works hard to try to rid of all the germs invading the body. So like any workout the HR goes faster. SO if the docs weren;t concerned than I am sure your lil one is ok. I hope she feels better soon!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 7:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• mm that seems a little on the high end...192...but the resting sounds about normal. If you have any concerns you should call the dr. in charge of the monitors
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 11:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Approx. 90-150 beats per minute. If they are crying it can go up.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• okay bc i tried searching it and everything said 100 however i do not think that was right, anywho thanks!
    karen143

Answer by karen143 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• For adults it's approx 60-100 beats per minute. Normal is different for everyone.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2008