Do you make your own Pumpkin pies?

I like to share my recipe....quick and easy...... you buy the one large can of LakeShore pumpkin pie mix and use the recipe on the back of the can, but only use half the milk that it calls for in the recipe. Make sure you use the best Evaporated milk! I have used this recipe ever since my mother showed me how and it makes the best Pumpkin pie around. I hate to see this idea lost when I pass away! But it taste just as good as Sara Lee's Pumpkin pie using these tricks! Less milk and the pie is more firm and tasty!

emmidr

Asked by emmidr at 8:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I was going to try this year...but we are way to short on money so were going to do it for christmas instead....I just might have to steal your recipe =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• That's how I always have made my pumpkin pies from the back of the can recipe. e love them Thanks for sharing =)
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yep. I made mine yesterday.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Its actually cheaper to make pies than buy them! I buy the frozen pie crust when I am pressed for time. But I generally make my own pie crust and pie from scartch. But when you get older you just buy frozen crust already in the tins. Cost me $3.81 for two pies and they taste home made too! When I have even more time I will take a pumpkin (medium size) and boil it down and make pies from total scratch. But I dont have time for that today! I have to make some Peanut butter cookies for my son (His favorite cookie).
    emmidr

Comment by emmidr (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I use the recipe on the Libby canned pumpkin. It's never come out bad.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 8:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2010