disgusted! adult content

I work with a lady who openly admitts she tried to self abort by putting a hanger up her wahoo. Dead serious. Now her son is almost 3 and she wonders why he's slow. I think there needs to be a test to become a parent. She did this at 30 weeks prego. Ah it just makes me so mad! Do you think there should be something to weed these kinds of parents out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Did you tell her what you are saying here? I bet not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• lol yeah it would be great if crazy people couldnt have kids....But seriously crazy.....why the hell would you put a hanger up there to begin with! If she didnt want her kid she should have put him up for adpotion....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• OMG

I'm at a loss for words on t his one....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• that is a good idea
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Eeew. She is insane. Do you think she would hurt him now? In her case, yes, there should be a sanity test.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• That seems like a little too much to me...I have to question the credibility of at least part of your statement, I'm sorry.
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 8:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• A. why would she tell you?
    B. hanger up the wahoo would at worse made her bleed out, he born early, etc. not caused mental problems. (i guess that whats you mean by him being "slow"
    C. obviously she isn't that dangerous anymore, she's taken care of him for 3 years.
    D. And yes, i believe people should be cleared of crazyness before having to be responsible for other human beings.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• This is why my MIL was born premature. Her mother tried to abort her the same way. She is 70 years old now and her eyesight never fully developed so she has spent her whole life being blind because of it, and because she survived even though her mother didn't want her she went on to be physically and emotionally abused her entire childhood. People are f*ing disgusting, but thank God we have cps services now so that they can weed out *some* of these people that do not desereve children.... they didn't have this 70 years ago.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Speechless...people who are not ready for children should keep their legs closed...I do understand that there are some exceptions, but for the most part people CHOOSE to lay down and have sex and they are NOT ready for the responsibility! Sickens me...
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 8:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If she tried to self abort she is absolutely disgusting. I would the think the worst that she could do is send herself into premature labor by breaking her own water. I'm just at a loss for words.
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 9:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2010