Birth control

Anyone gain weight on orthotricyclen?
I have been on it about 2 1/2 weeks. At first I thought my weight was just fluctuating water weight a lil day to day but I feel fatter and I have gained 8 pounds!!!! :((

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 8:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

• That is a side effect of most BC because of the hormones.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I was on yazmine and didn't gain any....was put on ortho for help with acne

Anyone have this prob with ortho??
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 8:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i havent took that pill but i hear ppl do gain on the pill. i do understand this is prob very stressful. i was on mirena and did gain weight and wasnt able to loss a lb no matter what i did. after my mirena was removed in july 2009 i was 170 lbs :( and my doc switched me to LO ovral and i managed to lose weight got down to 143. my birthcontrol i ran out and didnt get go back to doctor in Aug 2010 and today im 131 lbs .. Birthcontrol really sucks Im not on any at the moment just using condoms which is scary bc i dont want any more kids. i am only 22 so my doc wouldnot tie my tubes. i have 2 little boys.. so i done having kids my family is complete .. other thing is watch out for blood clots. maybe asking ur doc for a low hormonal birthcontrol???? and birth control can make u hungry so be sure to watch what u eat.. have u been eating more since the pill???
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 8:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• OMG i started taking the pill (ortho tri cyclen lo) a few months ago and I feel fat, too! I have gained about 6 pounds and it sucks :( I guess ima have to start doing lots of setups again lol cuz I aint having another kid right now!
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 4:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• And yea, I am freakin hungry ALL the time. I ate alot to begin with so now even my hubby is givin me shit over eating alot lol
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 4:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• it screws with your hormones... you are going to gain weight.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010