Homeschooling...(here we go)

Okay, I know this is a very opinionated question and that's why I'm doing this. For my school I have to pick a persuasive topic and mine was homeschooling. I need answers from moms who homeschool or have their kids in regular schooling to tell me pros and cons.

Here's the question I have to answer (yes or no):
Is home schooling a successful alternative to public schooling?

I answered "yes'.

Now, I have to do a speech over it. Any input would help a great deal. Please don't hate on each other. This is seriously for a school speech and that's it. Thanks for your input.

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 12:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• If you don't get great answers here, post it out in the public forum. You may have to post it more than once since it's clogged up with elections posts. Keep trying.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You can check out www.hslda.com and see what you can find there.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I homeschool my children, so obviously, I think the answer is yes! The test scores that my daughter gets at the end of the year would support my theory as well (my youngest hasn't been old enough to test yet)! The old idea that children who are homeschooled are socially inept, is just that-- OLD! My daughters are social butterflies, who are comfortable with all different age groups. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you may have!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2008