How would you feel if your own child was bullying another child for being gay?

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Upset..pissed off that sort of feeling.I would deal with my child and make them apologize.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would be upset if I found out my child was bullying anyone for anything. My daughters and I have been talking about bullying and "clique" issues since they were old enough to understand. They fully understand that it is WRONG to pick on anyone for any reason at all.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:28 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Very disappointed. I can not tell my kid how to think or feel about certain issues but I def would make it a point to let them know that bashing and disrespect is wrong and very hurtful.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• But to answer your question (sorry!), if I found out they had bullied someone for being gay or anything else, I would feel very surprised, then very disappointed.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I doubt any mama is going to say they'd pat their child on the back for it
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i would whoop his ass because he should know better than to tease anyone for anything
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I told my guys about bullying and when my oldest started to become one we pulled him back and set him straight he realized he did not want to be that. A bully is a bully no matter who or why its wrong.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I am against bullying for any reason. i would set him straight.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My son is 18 and never bullied anyone for any reason. He grew up with four gay cousins that he has spent plenty of time with. He has no problem with gays. But if he had bullied for that. I would let one of my nephews deal with him. That way he would better understand the hurt he had caused.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'd set him/her straight
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2010