Do you feel secure?

I'm a SAHM of three, my husband went to school and now has a good job. I dropped out of college because I was pregnant. Now we are moving and I feel like my husband is being very controlling. Like he's buying a house and letting me live with him or something. No we can't get that kind of dog, you can't put that in this room, you can't bring your piano, pretty much like this is how it is going to be. Now I at least used to be pretty tough, didn't take any bull. Now I have classes scheduled for May, because he wanted me to put off the ones in January because of the move. I feel like he doesn't even want me to go to school. The more he makes me fell like that the more I know I need to go, because I won't be with him if he is going to be like this. It didn't used to be like this. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I was in that position do not put off going back to school and start to talk to your husband and start saying this is not just your house its our house maybe you need some marriage counseling or a third party to come in and listen. But I would not put off going back to school and I would even get a pt job. That is what I had to do to regain any respect and it helped me regain my own respect. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It is because you are not working. That is so unfair! I once told my husband that even though I do not work you can not control me in my own house. You are not my landlord. That was a long time ago when we moved into our new home, and he never ever talked to me like that again. GL!
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My aunts husband is like that - she cant make any decisions about THEIR house unless he gives the OK ...

Just try to stay strong nad make sure you do those classes....
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my husband is not fond of me going to school either which is completely crazy, because why wouldn't he want me to do something that is going to make all of our lives better? And I do NOT let him detour me one bit, so don't let him detour you.............go to school!!!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 11:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• sorry thi i your situation! My DH wouldbe glad if I wanted to go back to school, but I choose not to! I mean maybe he is insecure!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2010