Would our forefathers have?

Does anyone doubt that our fore fathers would be appalled by these new TSA security measures and ready to revolt? I have not one single doubt in my mind of that they absolutely would.They may not have had to deal with our exact security problems of today but they still had to deal with ALOT of threats all the same.They did not cower down and easily give up their rights over those threats..out of fear.So why should we?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Our forefathers would never had had a department of homeland security, nor would they have needed one. They rode horses, wagons, and stagecoaches to get around, or sailed on ships. When someone got out of line they shot them or caught them and hung them. They took care of themselves and their own.

Those of you who believe that they would not have invaded another country obviously don't know much history. Most of those who settled and founded America had fought wars with other nations, and a majority of them fought and killed the Natives as well. How many tribes were decimated because one lone Indian did something in town or to a farmer? I don't see any difference between that and a 'few' terrorists exploding leading up to invading a country.

The people who founded this country were self sufficient and capable of thinking for themselves. They didn't rely on gov't. to do squat, they founded their own.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• People are doing complying with these measures because (1) they are not educated enough to understand that the measures being used would not have caught the terrorists the TSA is claiming to protect us against, and (2) they want to get to their flight on time.

No, I think the Founding Fathers would have been outraged with this sort of treatment and would not have tolerated it. These "security measures" are not being done for our security. They are being done to intimdate us and to force us into compliance and submission.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i'm with ya on that, OP...but we're clearly not the nation of our forefathers. IMO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have to agree and if we let them get away with this, what is next?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I can't imagine TJ having his balls cupped our Martha Washington having to expose her prosthetic breast.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If our founding fathers were here today these politicians would have already been hung.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I had a feeling no matter how anyone answers this question it wouldn't be pleasing to you. I SAID it goes to far, but better than being blow up or would you prefer that to a search?

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:51 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It's becoming apparent that the biggest threat to American's is our own government. No one can honestly say that feeling up disabled grandmothers and tearing the urostomy bags of cancer patients does ANYTHING to protect American's. Protecting American's is clearly not the true intent. Money and power are the intent.

I would hope our forefathers would be ready to lead a revolt. The problem, imo, is that this threat is from within, not from the Brits.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 9:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010