What does this mean?

isaiah 65:21-25

21"They will build houses and inhabit them;
They will also plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22"They will not build and another inhabit,
They will not plant and another eat;
For as the lifetime of a tree, so will be the days of My people,
And My chosen ones will wear out the work of their hands.
23"They will not labor in vain,
Or bear children for calamity;
For they are the offspring of those blessed by the LORD,
And their descendants with them.

24"It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.

25"The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent's food They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain," says the LORD.

Does this mean that after the resurrection that we'll live on earth??? the scripture before this said that there will be a new heaven and new earth. Some people say that people will either live in heaven or hell, so what's the new earth for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• means your taking an old book too literally and seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• the new earth is for the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ on earth after the Antichrist is defeated. Read Revelation 20-22 for further clarification.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• This was a blessing for the Israelites as long as they followed God and kept his laws. During the times they were for God they were very prosperous. When they turned away from God and went to the ways of the world, things went bad for them and they were oppressed. We can learn from this. Doesn't mean we will never see troubles when we follow God, but life is better. Hope this helps. : )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• This is the return of paradise on earth as in original form....I can't wait!!! This is the makeover the earth is going to get. A new earth is people united in worship to one God.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• From what I know, according to Judaism when the Messiah comes (deadline, year 6,000 not long now) the physical existence will continue for another 1,000 years. I'm not sure what will happen afterwards. But yes, the Messianic era is in this world.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, after the resurrection people will live on earth. The scripture is referring to the 1000 year reign of Christ when the wicked have been destroyed and the righteous fill the earth. It is then that we will all be able to build and have the ability to live in our own houses and have enough food and no no will be around to make us afraid or tremble. Children will be brought forth in peace and before we can ask for something God will already have preceived it and given it to us. What a prospect. The new heavens is the new heavenly government with Christ and the 144,000 Co-rulers and the new earth is the righteous people who surive Armagadon and also the ones who are resurrected.

dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Actualy the blessings is for us... It doesnt say Israel , it says their decendents ... guess what.. we are those decendents... This is what we will be looking forward when we live on the new earth. Yes it will go back to what it was like before the fall.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree with the other ladies. I LOVE the book of Isaiah! One of my favorites. I fell in love with it doing a Beth Moore study a few years back,and when I am down, and needing reasurrance, I'll go to Isaiah, and just spend an afternoon reading it. God is SO GOOD!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• @Shaneagle777, Descendent, meaning the descendants of Israel which does not mean the whole world. If you don't have Jewish bloodlines, you are not a descendant of Israel which means then you are NOT included in this particular blessing. Being white, British and European does not equal being part of the fabled 'lost tribe of Israel'.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• deadline, year 6,000 not long now

Sharon, when did the 6,000 years start? I assume this is based on the Jewish calendar, how does it translate to our calendar?
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2010