Geesh what would even be the point ?

So I was told to get a job "just in case my husband leaves me " today ... just out of the blue during our kids library playdate by a woman I barely know....

She only knows that I am a stay at home mom, that I am young and that I have 2 kids... We were not even talking about jobs or stay home... she just said she was thinking nad wanted to give me some "knowledge"

I chose to have kids so I could be home with them everyday, my husband wants me to stay home to and if he had to he would work even harder to make that happen....

The part that drives me crazy is that she doesnt even know me or my family or our circumstances, she doesnt know I do have my beautician lisence ( i just dont use it ) ..... or the fact that my husband has an amzing job and that we live in a 1.4 million dollar house ! ( In a city that the average house is under 200,000), or that if we would end up getting a divorce today I would close to 4 million ( we have a prenup) ..

Of course I didnt say any of this to her but I kind of wish i did .... I just smile and said that I would rather raise my children during the day, that way I could bring them to places like this instead of having their grandma do it ( which I was trying to make a point because she had her grandaughter there) ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Some people just stick their foot (or entire two feet) in their mouths and don't even know it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You were kind of mean back to her. Not that she wasn't mean to you, but you definitely didn't have to reciprocate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Most people arent in your situation and are living paycheck to paycheck, over 50% of marrages end in divorce. She has probably seen severa women be left by their husbands and end up in a hard situation. I wouldn't worry about it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Please stop worrying about what people say to and about you. If your life is as great as you say it is, don't worry about other people's opinions. Even if it wasn't, still don't worry about it. Enjoy your life, take care of your kids, and don't worry about what other people say. People will always have an opinion, you can't stop it.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• By nature people love to pass judgement. Hence the popularity of shoes like American Idol & Dancing with the Stars. Older folks love to dish out unsolicited advice, especially to younger people that have a lot less life experience. It is what it is, I really wouldn't dwell on it. If you are happy with your life, that's all that matters! :)
    Prettyladykt

Answer by Prettyladykt at 9:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Unsolicited advice or nosy and intrusive questions from total strangers are part of life. It irritates me, but doesn't really get to me. It's her issue, not yours.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• She is jealous and you are mean. She obviously got to you or why would you bother writing about it?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Well, if she was anything like my MIL she thinks it's her job to bless the world with her knowledge. UGH! I don't think there is anything wrong with what you told her, she should mind her own business! People were always telling me when we first got married to work and not take care of my daughter myself. There is nothing wrong with wanting to raise your own children and not have your parents or in-laws do it. Good for you for giving her a gentle reminder that she does not need to be running other people's lives.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would have told her just how you felt! Then I bet she would have thought twice before she judge someone else!
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Really if you have all this money and so called security, why would you let something this simple bother you? Let it go.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2010