I'm sitting here trying to not cry again....vent

Tomorrow is of course turkey day,and its my 38th birthday as well. We decided to go to Golden Corral. I asked my mom to come along to celebrate with us. At first she said yes. A few days ago she calls me and tells me she can't go. She's broke. I'm hurt,but it was like ok,she can't afford it. Last night she calls me up and tells me about how she went shopping and got this and that,and then the hurt began. So....she has no money to go out to eat,but she can go shopping???
I shouldn't be surprised. She does this every year. I guess I'm just hopeful that someday she'll realize how hurt I get when all I want is to spend some time together as a family for at least ONE holiday. I didn't think it was too much to ask to be a priority in someone's life for just one day,especially when its my birthday.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like this is not the first time
    she has done something like this

otherwise i may guess that she feels ok spending money on gifts for others but not a nice meal for herself?

but the way you worded, it does not sound like the case
    sorry, lack of love from parent-sucks!
    bet you are not that way with your kids!!
    have a great birthday, when feeling down about your mom-just be an even better mom to yours
    hugs
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:05 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Tell her exactly what you typed here. People arent mind readers. Explain youre hurt. She may not even realize that her not seeing you is hurting you.
    Happy birthday.
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Hun, I am so sorry your mom does not see the importance of this day, I would be hurt too! some people's priorities are so screwed up. Try to enjoy the day anyway, you did your part and she screwed up big time, her loss....Have a wonderful Birthday as well!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 9:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• wow ok well she doesnt want to help you have a happy day then go and have it anyways then call her up and tell about all the fun she missed.....then for the next holiday just dont invite her.....it make take sometime but she will get the hint when invites stop coming her way......and happy birthday happy birthday.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree that if you haven't said anything to her about it before, then you should try. If you have said it and it just doesn't matter to her, then you'll just have to find a way to accept it for what it is, even though it is crappy and sucky and selfish.

I hope you have a great day anyway!

happy birthdaycornucopia

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Early Happy Birthday for superrmomyy too!

Answer by older at 9:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Happy Birthday my mom acts this way and I just hope she figures it out before its too late.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Happy early birthday! (Mine's today!) I'm sorry that your mom is being so insensitive. Enjoy your day with the family you do have around, and try to not let her ruin it for you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Happy Birthday Eve! =)
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 10:08 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Aww..I'm sorry honey!!

Oh BTW--My birthday is tomorrow too!! =)

Happy Early Birthday, Birthday Twin!♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:43 AM on Nov. 24, 2010