Ring Test?

Have you ever tried the ring test? You take your ring (or a ring of yours) and you tie it to a 12 in piece of string. You have SO hold it above your belly and if it swings in a circle it is a boy and if it goes back and forth it is a girl. I did this with my first two pregnancies, and it was right (I am not saying that this is a 100% effective method, just something fun to try!) Try it is you already know the sex, and see if it works!

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 9:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did it on both of my pregnancies, and it was right both times... I have 2 boys...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 7:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I tried this w/ baby # 2 but laughed my way thru it and didn't take it at all seriously
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I did something similar to this with both mine and it was correct. The way we did it was you took a strand of your hair and tie it to your ring and dangle it over your wrist. If it went in a circle it was a boy and back and forth was a girl. Mine went in a circle both times.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• With my first one we did this, and the if you carry out front you're having one sex, and sideways you're having another (can't remember how it went now) and a tea leaf reading, the heartbeat was fast, ......and the ultrasound.....all of the tests, including the ultra-sound said I was having a girl, I had a boy!!!!

The funny thing.....I KNEW I was having a boy, and had painted the nursery blue and decorated in Pinnochio. Everyone thought I was crazy, but I really just knew.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I did this and according to the ultra sound tech it was correct because I am pregnant with a boy
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I did a pencil test instead and it was right
    JuneBug1985

Answer by JuneBug1985 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• yes, I've tried it.
    marlenecpm

Answer by marlenecpm at 10:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i have done it with all 4 of my preg. and it was right on all of them
    pamela-2

Answer by pamela-2 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It was right with my first and wrong with my second!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2010